Note: I could lie and say I check these links on a regular basis, but I don't, so if you come across a dead link, you could
, but since I'm on an honesty kick, I suppose I'll say that I may not care enough to change it right away.
- not bad as far as official sites, holds contests regularly
- my favorite of the websites, maintained by Anthony Bailey
Common People Comic Book
Early Evening Television
- an American fanzine site
Luke's Pulp Spiel
A Major Contribution to Road Safety
Nights of Suburbia
- excellently designed, with loads of Jarvis pictures
- a webpage dedicated to Pulp's mailing list and its members
- a message board for Pulp fans, rather good but there's loads of "Jarvis is so sexy" posts
Read Along With The Common People
The Rick's Pulp Page
Russell Senior Page
Stephen Bray's Glossy Page
Tankkid's Pulp Page
With Liberty And Jarvis For All
- Usenet message board
Lipgloss Mailing List
- Pulp mailing list, write "subscribe lipgloss" in the message part to sign up
- a relatively new, friendly mailing list, created due to the fights on Lipgloss. No rules about only posting about Pulp.
- another list created due to the Lipgloss fights -
strictly for Pulp content only
closed at the moment
- an IRC on Dalnet
If you're on AOL, you can try the
under UK Experience, if they're not
arguing about Blur vs Oasis and UK vs US, it's possible that Pulp is being discussed.
by Martin Aston - A detailed account of Pulp's history, if you enjoy the "Various Notes" sections on this website, then this is the one for you, however, all the photos are in black and white.
Pulp: An Illustrated Biography
by Linda Halloway - this is the one to get if you want a quick read (it's not very detailed) and a lot of photographs (some in color, some in black and white).
Pulp: The Illustrated Story
by Paul Lester - Fairly detailed, a good deal of the text is quotes taken from various interviews and suchlike, and loads of photos (another mixture of color and black and white), however, some the photographs have Teenbeat-like subtitles such as "He knows what time it is" (picture of Jarvis holding a clock) and "Has he got shoes for you!" (picture of Jarvis modelling shoes for a charity fashion show). Trivial, but they can get on the nerves easily.
This site is owned by